My latest piece is a long-form feature with The Atavist Magazine. It’s about a ship, the Valencia, and its horrific demise on the rocks off the West Coast of Vancouver Island.
Here are links to some of my work:
- Drug Users Want to Lead Victoria’s Opioid Crisis Battle (VICE)
- On Scenic BC Farm, Addiction Recovery Program Faces Eviction (VICE)
- A Young Woman Was Last Seen by Police, Then Never Again (VICE)
- The Fight to End Grizzly Bear Trophy Hunting is Heating up in BC (VICE)
- Our Oceans Are Garbage (VICE)
- The Unsolved Case of Hijacker D.B. Cooper (VICE)
- The Man Who Went to Space and Disappeared: The Story of Granger Taylor (VICE)
- The Wizard of Ladysmith: The Bizarre Case (and Mysterious Disappearance) of BC’s Infamous MDA Kingpin (VICE)
- B.C.’s Granger Taylor left a note saying he was boarding an alien spaceship—then he disappeared (CBC)
- PTSD ‘epidemic’ in aboriginal communities (Vancouver Sun)
- PTSD: not just a military problem (Vancouver Sun)
- History of PTSD: Modern name, ancient affliction (Vancouver Sun)
- Bring On the Drones (Tyee)
I have also written for Canada’s History, Business in Vancouver, Esprit de Corps and This Magazine.